FUN FACTS ABOUT EPCOT’S 2018 FOOD & WINE FESTIVAL
The 2018 Food & Wine Festival featured fantastic special events, culinary and beverage demonstrations, celebrity chefs, and the ever-popular World Showcase Marketplace tasting booths. If you have not attended this year (or in the past), make plans to visit in the future. You will not be disappointed. Here are a few fun and interesting facts from this year’s festival.
- The 2018 Food & Wine Festival celebrated their 35th Anniversary and the festival was a record 75 days of fun and food!!
- This year’s event showcased 35 global marketplaces and included five new marketplaces to help celebrate 35 years of Epcot. New marketplaces were Active Eats, Coastal Eats, Earth Eats from The Chew, Flavors from Fire and Light Lab, all expanding into the park’s Future World area. The Almond Orchard, hosted by Blue Diamond Almond Breeze, is the fifth new marketplace located along the World Showcase promenade.
- ABC’s “The Chew” taped 5 episodes of the show before 5 festival guest audiences!
- A brand new cookbook entitled “Disney Food and Wine Festivals Coast to Coast Cookbook” by Pam Brandon and Disney Chefs was written and featured in gift shops. This cookbook featured 50 irresistible recipes, 26 recipes from the Epcot festival global marketplaces and 24 from Disney’s California Adventure.
- 197 Guest chefs and Disney chefs presented culinary demonstrations and cooked for the festival events.
- Over 379 culinary demos, beverage and interactive seminars took place during the 75-day festival.
- 5 Party for the Senses grand tastings will took place at theWorld Showplace.
- 100,000-plus desserts, including Passion Fruit Cheesecake with Toasted Macadamia Nuts (new at Hawaii) and Sweet Olive Oil Cake with Powdered Sugar and Lemon Curd (new at Spain), were served.
- 225 Eat to the Beat concerts were performed; 11 musical acts appeared for the first time at this year’s festival.
- More than 1,200 fireworks exploded each night over the World Showcase Lagoon in a magical light show entitled, IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth.
I hope that everyone who visited the 2018 Epcot Food and Wine Festival had a great time!! I will be at the Food & Wine Festival this coming week — I look forward to visiting this festival in 2019 to sample new foods and re-taste favorite foods I have tried before.
Stay tuned to more about my visit to 2018’s Epcot Food and Wine Festival.
One visit to Goldwiser and you will make it your favorite place to sell your precious metals!!!
(Some facts obtained from TravelPulse.com)