2018 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival – Global Marketplaces – Part 7
As leaves turning from green to red and gold mean “Fall” in northern parts, “Fall” in Florida has special meaning: Food & Wine Time!
The Epcot International Food & Wine Festival returns to Walt Disney World Resort this fall with 75 days of entertainment, events, and, of course, an abundance of wonderful food and tasty beverages.
The festival’s 23rd year runs from August 30 to November 12, 2018.
Pack your appetite for a mouthwatering tour of international flavors and domestic delicacies! This year over 35 individual marketplaces with delicious dishes, fine wine, craft beer, spirits and other beverages sure to satisfy every palate. Here is a listing of what the individual marketplaces (or food booth) are serving:
Shimmering Sips Mimosa Bar
Get the brunch party started—sample fresh-baked goods and mimosas mixed with the perfect twist!
- Chocolate Croissant: Flaky Croissant stuffed with Chocolate
- Almond Croissant: Flaky Croissant topped with Toasted Almonds
- Jumbo Blueberry Muffin with Streusel Topping
- Cheese Danish with Sweet Icing
- Frozen Apple Pie (Non-alcoholic) (KA)
- Tropical Mimosa with Sparkling Wine and Pomegranate, Orange and Grapefruit Juices
- Key Lime Mimosa with Key Lime Sparkling Wine and Cranberry Juice
- Blood Orange Mimosa with Sparkling Wine and Blood Orange Juice
- Madras Mimosa with Cranberry Sparkling Wine and Orange Juice
- Frozen Mimosa featuring White Claw Natural Lime Hard Seltzer
- Joffrey’s Cold Brew Coffee
Travel to España for pleasing cuisine that’s unrivaled—from paella to seafood that’s straight from Basque Country.
- Charcuterie in a Cone with imported Spanish Meats, Cheeses and Olives with an Herb Vinaigrette
- Spanish-style Paella with Chorizo and Roasted Chicken
- Seafood Salad with Shrimp, Bay Scallops, Mussels, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, White Balsamic Vinegar and Smoked Paprika (GF)
- Lagar de Bouza Albariño, Rías Baixas
- Casa Castillo Monastrell, Jumilla
- Espelt Garnacha Old Vines, Catalonia
- Wine Flight also available
Exotic specialties from Southeast Asia await as the Land of Smiles serves up a flavorful foodie phenom!
- Marinated Chicken with Peanut Sauce and Stir-fried Vegetables (KA)
- Seared Shrimp and Scallop Cake with Cold Noodle Salad
- Red Hot Spicy Thai Curry Beef with Steamed Rice
- Singha Lager
- Maison Willm Gewürztraminer, Alsace
Wine & Dine Studio
Sample signature dishes along with an elegant medley of wines hailing from the Golden State’s renowned vineyards.
- Seared Scallops, Truffled Celery Root Purée, Brussels Sprouts and Wild Mushrooms featuring Melissa’s Produce
- Butternut Squash Ravioli with Brown Butter Vinaigrette, Parmesan Cheese and Pumpkin Seeds (V) (KA)
- Trio of La Bottega di BelGioioso Artisan Cheese (V)
- CreamyGorg® Gorgonzola Dolce
- Artigiano® Vino Rosso
- Artist Palette of Wine and Cheese
- Trio of Artisan Cheese paired with Rainstorm Silver Linings Pinot Noir Rosé, Reata Chardonnay and Spellbound Petite Sirah
- Reata Chardonnay, Sonoma Coast
- Rainstorm Silver Linings Pinot Noir Rosé, Oregon
- Spellbound Petite Sirah, California
Additional Festival Locations
Visit these outstanding food and beverage destinations for gourmet tastes on the go!
Block & Hans
Take time out to relax while enjoying a carefully curated selection of fine American wines—it’s the grown-up way to chill!
- Dogfish Head Brewery 60 Minute IPA, Milton, DE
- Ciderboys Strawberry Magic Hard Cider, Stevens Point, WI
- Full Sail Brewing Co. Blood Orange Wheat, Hood River, OR
- Karbach Brewing Co. Love Street Kölsch Style Blonde, Houston, TX
- Big Top Brewing Company Hawaiian Lion Coconut and Coffee Porter, Sarasota, FL
- Lexington Brewing & Distilling Co. Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale, Lexington, KY
Fife & Drum
Cool off with a taste tour that delivers tall orders of frosty fun!
- Hanson Brothers Beer Company Mmmhops Pale Ale, Tulsa, OK
Sink your teeth into a sweet crowd-pleaser sure to hit the spot morning, noon or night!
- Maple Bacon Funnel Cake topped with Candied Bacon (KA)
Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company
Make a beeline to the piping hot deliciousness served cup by heart-warming cup—from tea and coffee to a variety of icy concoctions.
- The American Adventure: Fire and Ice: Frozen Lemon with Fireball Cinnamon Whisky
- Canada: Riviera Sunrise: Frozen Orange Pineapple with Grand Marnier
- Showcase Plaza: Wild Goose: Frozen Wild Berry Acai with Grey Goose Vodka
- Future World East: Fast Lane: Frozen Cappuccino with Brown Jug Bourbon Cream
Nibble like there’s no tomorrow—stop by for satisfying snacks and beverages to go!
- Spicy Hot Dog with Kimchi and Mustard Sauce
- Bain’s Cape Mountain Whisky & Frozen Coke
Try a tropical infusion of delicious pineapple treats… bask in the sunny rays of flavor!
- Beef Brisket Poutine: French Fries with Beef Brisket, Beer Cheese Sauce and Poutine Gravy topped with Crispy Onions
- Sweet Potato Poutine: Sweet Potato Fries with Caramel Sauce, Mini Marshmallows and Pecans (V)
- Pineapple Soft-Serve Ice Cream (V)
- Pineapple Soft-Serve Ice Cream with Bacardi Coconut Rum
- Dragon Berry Refresher featuring Bacardi Dragon Berry Rum
- Croissant Doughnut Tossed in Cinnamon Sugar (KA)
- Croissant Doughnut with Chocolate and Marshmallows (KA)
- Croissant Doughnut with Chocolate Hazelnut Cream (KA)
- Croissant Doughnut with Sprinkles (KA)
- Add Chocolate, Hazelnut, White Chocolate Raspberry or Vanilla Bean Gelato for an additional charge
- Pancake Milkshake (Non-alcoholic) (KA)
Hosted by Ghirardelli Chocolate Company
Cover it in chocolate and delicious dreams come true—this chocolate-lovers paradise is the sweetest stop in Epcot!
- Banfi Rosa Regale Sparkling Red, Piedmont
- Ghirardelli® Drinking Chocolate (Non-alcoholic)
Food & Beverage Details
The following guide denotes menu items acceptable for specific dietary needs:
- (GF) indicates Gluten/wheat-friendly
- (KA) indicates Kid-approved (Dishes designed with kids in mind.)
- (V) indicates Vegetarian
This concludes the series about the Global Marketplaces at Epcot’s Food & Wine Festival. I’m looking forward to my Fall trip to Disney and tasting as many foods as I can at the Global Marketplaces. I’ll report my opinions on tastings in future writings!
(Some information from Disneyworld.com)