2018 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival – Global Marketplaces – Part 5
As leaves turning from green to red and gold mean “Fall” in northern parts, “Fall” in Florida has special meaning: Food & Wine Time!
The Epcot International Food & Wine Festival returns to Walt Disney World Resort this fall with 75 days of entertainment, events, and, of course, an abundance of wonderful food and tasty beverages.
The festival’s 23rd year runs from August 30 to November 12, 2018.
Pack your appetite for a mouthwatering tour of international flavors and domestic delicacies! This year over 35 individual marketplaces with delicious dishes, fine wine, craft beer, spirits and other beverages sure to satisfy every palate. Here is a listing of what the individual marketplaces (or food booth) are serving:
Delight your appetite with sushi and other delish dishes as well as libations from the Land of the Rising Sun!
- Teriyaki Chicken Bun: Steamed bun filled with Chicken, Vegetables and a Sweet Teriyaki Sauce (KA)
- Beef Nigiri topped with Shrimp Sauce and Diced Pickled Jalapeños (GF)
- Spicy Roll: Tuna and Salmon topped with Volcano Sauce
- Kirin Ichiban Lager
- Ozeki Rai Sake
- Fuji Apple Cocktail: Sake, Peach Schnapps and Green Apple Syrup
Stay light on your feet throughout the day with a refreshing array of bubbly drafts and spirited concoctions.
- Phosphorescent Phreeze (Non-alcoholic) (KA)
- InfraRED (Non-alcoholic) (KA)
- UltraVIOLET (Non-alcoholic) (KA)
- Bleu Spectrum: Blanc de Bleu Cuvée Mousseux with Boba Pearls
- Original Sin Dry Rosé Hard Cider, New York, NY (Cider Flight)
- 3 Daughters Brewing Blueberry Peppercorn Hard Cider, St. Petersburg, FL (Cider Flight)
- Ciderboys Zen Berry Hard Cider, Stevens Point, WI (Cider Flight)
- Playalinda Brewing Co. Red Cherry Tart, Titusville, FL (RGB Flight)
- GrassLands Brewing Company Green Kiwi Blonde, Tallahassee, FL (RGB Flight)
- M.I.A. Beer Company Blue-berry Golden Ale, Doral, FL (RGB Flight)
- Cider Flight
- RGB Flight
Spice up your fiesta-lovin’ palate with some south-of-the-border history, culture and cuisine—olé!
- Short Rib Tostada: Corn Tortilla topped with Short Ribs, Black Beans, Salsa Verde and Spring Onion
- Shrimp Quesadilla: Corn Tortilla with Shrimp, Oaxaca Cheese and topped with Spicy Guajillo Sauce and Sesame Seeds
- Coconut Rice Pudding served with Mango Coulis (GF) (V)
- Cerveza Por Favor: Dos Equis Draft Beer with a hint of Almond
- Mariachi Loco: Margarita with Libelula Tequila Joven, Mango Purée and Chamoy
- Ay Caramba: Smoky Margarita with Gracias A Dios Mezcal, Lime Juice and Ancho Reyes Chile Liqueur
- La Chancla: Red Wine Sangria mixed with Fruit Juice
- El Padrino: Blackberry Mexican Punch with Velo Blanco Tequila
Relish an inspired array of exotic flavors—this north African region is a mecca of intriguing cuisine.
- Kefta Pocket: Seasoned Ground Beef in a Pita Pocket (KA)
- Hummus Fries with Cucumber, Tomato, Onions and Tzatziki Sauce (V)
- Chocolate Baklava: Rolled Phyllo Dough with Toasted Almonds and Dark Chocolate Sauce
- Casa Pale Lager
- Kasbah Prestige Red Wine
- Mimosa Royale: Sparkling Wine and Orange Juice topped with Orange Liqueur
- Red Organic Sangria
Head south of the equator for quintessential Kiwi meals, including savory plates and award-winning wines.
- Steamed Green Lip Mussels with Garlic Butter and Toasted Breadcrumbs
- Lamb Meatball with Spicy Tomato Chutney
- Seared Venison Sausage with Kumara Purée and Wild Mushroom Marsala Sauce
- Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough
- Antmoore Wineworks MOKOblack Pinot Noir, Marlborough
- Frozen Wine Cocktail featuring Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc
Food & Beverage Details
The following guide denotes menu items acceptable for specific dietary needs:
- (GF) indicates Gluten/wheat-friendly
- (KA) indicates Kid-approved (Dishes designed with kids in mind.)
- (V) indicates Vegetarian
Stay tuned for more information about the Global Marketplaces in Part 6 of this series.
(Some information from Disneyworld.com)