2018 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival – Global Marketplaces – Part 4
As leaves turning from green to red and gold mean “Fall” in northern parts, “Fall” in Florida has special meaning: Food & Wine Time!
The Epcot International Food & Wine Festival returns to Walt Disney World Resort this fall with 75 days of entertainment, events, and, of course, an abundance of wonderful food and tasty beverages.
The festival’s 23rd year runs from August 30 to November 12, 2018.
Pack your appetite for a mouthwatering tour of international flavors and domestic delicacies! This year over 35 individual marketplaces with delicious dishes, fine wine, craft beer, spirits and other beverages sure to satisfy every palate. Here is a listing of what the individual marketplaces (or food booth) are serving:
Traverse the Pacific for tropical flavors and island faves—sweet or savory, these mouthwatering morsels scream aloha!
- Kalua Pork Slider with Sweet and Sour DOLE® Pineapple Chutney and Spicy Mayonnaise (KA)
- Grilled Tuna Tataki with Seaweed Salad, Pickled Cucumbers and Wasabi Cream
- Teriyaki-glazed SPAM® Hash with Potatoes, Peppers, Onions and Spicy Mayonnaise
- Passion Fruit Cheesecake with Toasted Macadamia Nuts (V)
- Maui Brewing Company Bikini Blonde Lager
- Florida Orange Groves Sparkling Pineapple Wine, St. Petersburg, FL
- Mai Tai with Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum and DOLE Pineapple Juice
Hops & Barley
Stay stateside for all-American craft beer, wines and the hottest tastes from coast-to-coast!
- New England Lobster Roll: Warm Lobster with Fresh Herb Mayonnaise and Griddled Roll
- New Brunswick Slider: Slow-braised Beef Brisket “Pot Roast Style” with Horseradish Cream and Crispy Fried Onions on a Potato Roll with Pickled Vegetables on the side
- Freshly Baked Carrot Cake and Cream Cheese Icing (V) (KA)
- North Coast Bewing Co. Blue Star Wheat, Fort Bragg, CA (Flight)
- 3 Daughters Brewing A Wake Coffee Blonde Ale, St. Petersburg, FL (Flight)
- Heavy Seas AmeriCannon APA, Baltimore, MD (Flight)
- Angry Orchard Rosé Hard Cider, Walden, NY
- Mer Soleil Reserve Chardonnay, Santa Lucia Highlands
- Broadside Cabernet Sauvignon, Paso Robles
- Beer Flight
Introduce yourself to new flavors with ancient origins—the smorgasbord of Indian spices will whisk you off to faraway worlds!
- Warm Indian Bread with Pickled Garlic, Mango Salsa and Coriander Pesto Dips (V) (KA)
- Madras Red Curry with Roasted Cauliflower, Baby Carrots, Chickpeas and Basmati Rice (V) (GF)
- Korma Chicken with Cucumber Tomato Salad, Almonds, Cashews and Warm Naan Bread
- Mango Lassi (Non-alcoholic) (KA)
- Godfather Lager
- Sula Chenin Blanc, Nashik
- Sula Shiraz, Nashik
- Mango Lassi with Sōmrus Indian Cream Liqueur
Escape to the Emerald Isle for a wee bit o’ ale, wine and authentic Irish fare to warm the cockles of y’er heart!
- Roasted Irish Sausage with Colcannon Potatoes and Onion Gravy
- Warm Irish Cheddar Cheese and Stout Dip with Irish Brown Bread (V)
- Warm Chocolate Pudding with Irish Cream Liqueur Custard
- Guinness Foreign Extra Stout
- Bunratty Meade Honey Wine
- Guinness Baileys Shake
Islands of the Caribbean
Journey to the islands of the Caribbean, where the fusion of food and cultures create a melody in your mouth!
- Ropa Vieja Empanada with Tomato Aïoli (KA)
- Jerk-spiced Chicken Lollipop with Roasted Sweet Plantain Salad and Mango Chutney Yogurt
- Quesito: Puff Pastry with Sweetened Cream Cheese and Guava Sauce (V) (KA)
- Red Stripe Lager
- Caribbean White Sangria
- Frozen Mojito
Mangiare… savor the simple elegance of cucina italiana, with some of the world’s best-loved food and wine.
- Fritto Misto: Crispy Shrimp, Zucchini and Sweet Potatoes with a Spicy Sauce
- Pollo Alla Cacciatora: Braised Chicken Thigh, Mushrooms, Tomatoes and Parmesan Polenta
- Mezzi Rigatoni: Vodka Sauce, Crispy Pancetta and Parmesan Cheese (KA)
- Cannoli: Cannoli filled with Sweet Ricotta, Chocolate and Candied Fruit (KA)
- Moretti Lager
- Moretti La Rossa Double Malt
- Placido Pinot Grigio
- Placido Chianti
- Villa Sandi Prosecco
- Montegrande Corbinello Spumante Dolce
- Fior d’Arancio Montegrande Moscato
- Frozen Margarita with Limoncello and Tequila
The following guide denotes menu items acceptable for specific dietary needs:
- (GF) indicates Gluten/wheat-friendly
- (KA) indicates Kid-approved (Dishes designed with kids in mind.)
- (V) indicates Vegetarian
Stay tuned for more information about the Global Marketplaces in Part 5 of this series.
(Some information from Disneyworld.com)