2018 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival – Global Marketplaces – Part 3
As leaves turning from green to red and gold mean “Fall” in northern parts, “Fall” in Florida has special meaning: Food & Wine Time!
The Epcot International Food & Wine Festival returns to Walt Disney World Resort this fall with 75 days of entertainment, events, and, of course, an abundance of wonderful food and tasty beverages.
The festival’s 23rd year runs from August 30 to November 12, 2018.
Pack your appetite for a mouthwatering tour of international flavors and domestic delicacies! This year over 35 individual marketplaces with delicious dishes, fine wine, craft beer, spirits and other beverages sure to satisfy every palate. Here is a listing of what the individual marketplaces (or food booth) are serving:
The Festival Center Wine Shop
- Charcuterie Plate: Chefs Selection of Artisanal Meats and Accompaniments
- La Bottega di BelGioioso® Cheese Plate: Crescenza-Stracchino®, CreamyGorg® Gorgonzola Dolce, and Artigiano® Vino Rosso Cheeses
- Bloody Mary Seafood Cocktail: Shrimp, Bay Scallops, Mussels, Olive Salad and Crisp Lettuce in a Bloody Mary Vinaigrette
- Fess Parker Riesling, Santa Barbara County (White Flight)
- MacMurray Estate Vineyards Pinot Gris, Russian River Valley (White Flight)
- Silverado Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc, Napa Valley (White Flight)
- Silverado Vineyards Chardonnay, Carneros
- Kurt Russell’s Gogi Wines “Goldie” Chardonnay, Santa Rita Hills
- MacMurray Estate Vineyards Pinot Noir, Russian River Valley (Pinot Noir Flight)
- Kurt Russell’s Gogi Wines “Birdie” Pinot Noir, Santa Rita Hills (Pinot Noir Fight)
- Skywalker Vineyards Sommita Pinot Noir, Marin County (Pinot Noir Flight)
- Silverado Vineyards Fantasia Sangiovese Blend, Napa Valley (Red Flight)
- Chappellet Mountain Cuvée Bordeaux Blend, Napa Valley (Red Flight)
- Fess Parker Rodney’s Vineyard Syrah, Santa Barbara County (Red Flight)
- Frank Family Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley
- White Flight
- Pinot Noir Flight
- Red Flight
Flavors from Fire
Add some heat to your epicurean adventure with these spicy bites and specialty beverages that pair perfectly!
- Piggy Wings: Roasted Pork Wings with Korean BBQ Sauce and Sesame Seeds (KA)
- Smoked Corned Beef with Warm Crispy Potatoes, Pickled Onions and Blonde Ale Beer Fondue featuring BelGioioso® Romano and American Grana Cheeses
- Charred Chimichurri Skirt Steak on a Smoked Corn Cake with Pickled Vegetable Slaw and Cilantro Aïoli
- Chocolate Picante: Dark Chocolate Mousse with Cayenne Pepper, Chili Powder and Mango
- Orlando Brewery Smokin’ Blackwater Porter
- Michael David Winery 7 Deadly Zins Zinfandel, Lodi
- Swine Brine featuring Jim Beam Bourbon
Fall in ooo-la-la-love with the classic cuisine and finest wines of France—bon appétit!
- Croissant aux Escargots: Escargot Croissant with Garlic and Parsley
- Carbonade de Boeuf, Purée de Pommes de Terre: Beer-braised Beef with Bacon, Onion and Mashed Potatoes
- Crème Brûlée à la Confiture de Framboises: Crème Brûlée with House-made Raspberry Jam (V) (GF) (KA)
- La Passion Martini Slush: Vodka, Grey Goose Le Citron, Cranberry and Passion Fruit Juice
- Chardonnay, Le Vieux Manoir
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Village la Tourelle, Bordeaux
- St-Germain Sparkling Kir: Sparkling Wine and St-Germain Elderflower Liqueur
- Kronenbourg 1664 Pale Lager
Embark on an epicurean adventure to Deutschland, home of the heartiest food, drinks and appetites in the world!
- Schinkennudeln: Pasta Gratin with Ham, Onions and Cheese (KA)
- Roast Bratwurst in a Pretzel Roll (KA)
- Apple Strudel with Vanilla Sauce (V) (KA)
- Radeberger Zwickel Pilsner (Unfiltered)
- Carl Graff Graacher Himmelreich Riesling Spätlese, Mosel (Flight)
- J&H Selbach Bernkasteler Kurfürstlay Riesling Kabinett, Mosel (Flight)
- Selbach-Oster Zeltinger Himmelreich Riesling Kabinett Halbtrocken, Mosel (Flight)
- Villa Wolf Pinot Noir, Pfalz
- Riesling Flight
Bask in the Mediterranean flavors of traditional dishes and heavenly drinks popular in the Land of the Gods!
- Loaded Greek “Nachos”: Pita Chips, Meatless Sausage Crumbles and Vegan Tzatziki (V) (KA)
- Taste of Greece: Chicken Souvlaki, Feta Cheese Dip with Warm Pita and Lamb Sausage with a Dill Tomato Ragu
- Spanakopita: Greek Spinach Pie (V)
- Bougatsa: Warm Phyllo Dough Strudel with Sweet Vanilla Custard, Lemon Honey Syrup and Cinnamon (V) (KA)
- Domaine Skouras Moscofilero, Peloponnese
- Domaine Sigalas Assyrtiko, Santorini
- Argyros Atlantis Red Blend, Santorini
- Wine Flight
Stay tuned for more about the Global Marketplaces in Part 4 of this series!
(Some information taken from Disneyworld.com)