2018 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival – Global Marketplaces – Part 1
As leaves turning from green to red and gold mean “Fall” in northern parts, “Fall” in Florida has special meaning: Food & Wine Time!
The Epcot International Food & Wine Festival returns to Walt Disney World Resort this fall with 75 days of entertainment, events, and, of course, an abundance of wonderful food and tasty beverages.
The festival’s 23rd year runs from August 30 to November 12, 2018.
Many park guests will tell you that it’s one of their favorite times of the year; and if you haven’t been yet, this year is a great time for a first visit.
This year’s festival will continue its tradition of fine dining events, appearances by favorite Disney culinarians and top celebrity chefs, and a slate of concerts from favorite bands of the last few decades.
Pack your appetite for a mouthwatering tour of international flavors and domestic delicacies! This year over 35 individual marketplaces with delicious dishes, fine wine, craft beer, spirits and other beverages sure to satisfy every palate. Here is a listing of what the individual marketplaces (or food booth) are serving:
- Loaded Mac ‘n’ Cheese with Nueske’s® Pepper Bacon, Cheddar Cheese, Peppers and Green Onions (KA)
- Spice-crusted Verlasso® Salmon with Warm Lentil Power Salad, Crushed Avocado and Sherry Vinegar (GF)
- Active Eats Energy Bar Bites: a mixture of Chocolate, Nuts, Dried Fruit and Dates (V) (KA)
- M.I.A. Beer Company HRD WTR Pineapple Coconut Hard Sparkling Water, Doral, FL
- L’Ecole No. 41 Chenin Blanc Old Vines, Columbia Valley, WA
- Evolution by Sokol Blosser Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley, OR
- Berbere-style Beef Tenderloin Tips with Onions, Jalapeños, Tomato and Pap (GF)
- Spicy Ethiopian Red Lentil Stew with Vegan Yogurt and Quinoa (V)
- Cederberg Chenin Blanc
- Jam Jar Sweet Shiraz
- Groot Constantia Pinotage
- Wine Flight
The Almond Orchard hosted by Blue Diamond Almond Breeze
- Creamy Spinach and Artichoke Dip with Pulled Chicken, Blue Diamond® Lightly Salted Almonds and Parmesan Cheese served with Nut Thins® Crackers
- Fire-roasted Tomato Hummus topped with Blue Diamond Lightly Salted Roasted Almonds and served with Blue Diamond Artisan Nut Thins® Multi-seeds Crackers
- Banana Almond Soft-serve Sundae with Fresh Berries and Chocolate Almond Streusel (KA) (V)
- Almond Breeze Strawberry Smoothie (Non-alcoholic) (KA)
- Moët & Chandon Imperial Brut Champagne
- Dom Pérignon Brut Champagne
- Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin Brut Rosé Champagne
All food items are made with Almond Breeze Almond Milk.
- Grilled Sweet and Spicy Bush Berry Shrimp with Pineapple, Pepper, Onion and Snap Peas (GF)
- Grilled Lamb Chop with Mint Pesto and Potato Crunchies (GF)
- Lamington: Yellow Cake Dipped in Chocolate and Shredded Coconut (V)
- Coopers Brewery Original Pale Ale
- Hope Estate “Wollombi Brook” Semillon, Hunter Valley
- Franklin Tate Estates Chardonnay, Margaret River
- Yangarra Shiraz, McLaren Vale
- Wine Flight
- Beer-braised Beef served with Smoked Gouda Mashed Potatoes
- Belgian Waffle with Warm Chocolate Ganache and Whipped Cream (V) (KA)
- Belgian Waffle with Berry Compote and Whipped Cream (V) (KA)
- Leffe Blonde Belgian Pale Ale (Flight)
- St. Bernardus Witbier (Flight)
- St. Bernardus Abt 12 (Flight)
- Stella Artois Hard Cidre
- Chilled Coffee featuring Godiva Chocolate Liqueur
- Beer Flight
- Moqueca: Brazilian Seafood Stew featuring Scallops, Shrimp and White Fish with Coconut-lime Sauce and Steamed Rice
- Crispy Pork Belly with Black Beans, Tomato and Onions (GF)
- Pão de Queijo: Brazilian Cheese Bread (GF) (V) (KA)
- M.I.A. Beer Company Barbossa Black Beer, Doral, FL
- Casa Valduga Brut Rosé
- Quinta do Crasto Duoro Red
- Frozen Caipirinha featuring LeBlon Cachaça
- Radeberger Zwickel Pilsner (Unfiltered)
- Hacker-Pschorr Hefe Weisse Naturtrüb
- Schöfferhofer Hefeweizen Pomegranate Beer
- Beer Flight
Stay tuned for more about the Global Marketplaces in Part 2 of this series.
(Information from disneyworld.com)