Disney H2O Glow Nights – Part 2
- Separate your night into wet and dry. Before diving in, stow your suits in a locker while you eat dinner and mingle with characters. With this approach, you’ll be nice and dry AND have your phone or camera with you for pictures throughout the fun. Then start splashin’ and slidin’ for the rest of the night!
- Grown-ups: Hop on over to the 21+ area, The Wharf, for signature refreshments such as Fred’s Purple Siren. Sip on these yummy cocktails while enjoying live music with a calmer vibe than the rest of the party.
- Wear your MagicBands! You’ll be able to scan them with PhotoPass photographers when you meet with Buzz, Woody and Jessie to see later in your MyDisneyExperience app. (If you don’t have Magic Bands, the photographer will give you a PhotoPass card you can wear around your wrist.)
- Make the most of your ticket and arrive when “doors open” at 7 p.m. While the party doesn’t officially start until 8 p.m., this gives you a head start on rides.
- Party capacity is limited, and we found the low crowds in the park to be a huge plus. Not only does this mean shorter lines, but an overall more relaxing experience than during the day. No fighting over beach chairs here!
- Try out the signature party exclusive menu item, the Impossible™ Burger! This vegan patty topped with banana peppers is delish, especially if you get an adults-only Green Glowrita to drink.
- Take advantage of the low wait times. In the time you have at the park, you can easily ride every slide (They’re ALL open!) and still have time for all of the party fun. Miss Adventure Falls is a personal favorite.
- Get your groove on with a fun dance party hosted by Partysaurus Rex (and a live DJ) on the sands of the wave pool. There are fun, interactive games and tons of good tunes.
- Be sure to visit with the characters! The wait times are super short, which means the characters spend more time interacting. (Woody, Jessie and Buzz told us how excited they are about Toy Story Land.)
- Note: Food and beverage is not included in the ticket price, but the rest of the fun is!
- Some may wonder if the weather is still waterpark-worthy after dark, and we promise the answer is YES! The wave pool and water slides feel just as refreshing in the evening, when heat and humidity levels are still high.
Many of you visiting Walt Disney World this summer are probably wondering if Disney H2O Glow Nights is worth the price of admission. By and large, the answer is yes! It’s an especially busy summer in the parks, and Glow Nights will be a great way to have fun with fewer crowds, especially if you don’t mind the kiddos staying up a little later. It’s a great add-on for those of you making first-time visits who may not be planning on hitting the water parks otherwise.
While some of us enjoy nothing more than to bask in the sun, it’s awesome to have the option of visiting when the sun goes down and when lines are short for an absolutely action-packed night. Being able to tackle every attraction in Typhoon Lagoon in a matter of hours makes this event worth it alone! However, our favorite parts were certainly the extras, like meeting our Toy Story faves under the stars, with less than a 10-minute wait!