Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival
The Gardens – Part 2
If you plan to visit the 25th annual Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival, you can stroll through a creative collection of interactive gardens and view an array of living sculptures shaped like beloved Disney characters.
Picture yourself touring the many beautiful sights and sounds of nature while you weave your way through breathtaking flower beds, plots of plant life and wildlife habitats.
From Bonsai trees to butterflies, there’s a bounty of garden displays ready to capture your family’s attention and imagination. Highlights of the gardens include:
- Garden Italiano – From fresh spaghetti sauce to your favorite pizza topping, this Tuscan kitchen garden at the Italy Pavilion features all the produce and herbs needed to create a classic Italian feast.
- Imagination Play Garden – NEW! Explore a play garden for children of all ages near Imagination Walkway (closes at dusk). Test reflexes on a net play climber, discover different sounds through a musical maze and use your senses.
- Purple Martin Garden – Spot purple martins as they soar to and from their nests in our purple martin bird houses. These amazing migratory birds flew over 3,000 miles from the Brazilian Amazon to raise their families right here at Epcot! Keep an eye out for Disney conservationists that study these birds and test your identification skills by finding the brown and white females as well as the iridescent, all-purple males.
- Road to the Florida 500 – Inspired by the Disney•Pixar film Cars, topiary buddies Mater, Lightning McQueen and Cruz Ramirez invite you to relax and recharge while your kids race around in a desert-themed mini-park at Test Track Walkway (closes at dusk).
- Shakespeare Garden – This vibrant garden at the United Kingdom Pavilion features exotic flowers. William Shakespeare often used flowers and exotic gardens to help set the scenes for his plays and employed them as symbols and metaphors.
(Information from Disney.com)